How’d you like to get a Johnny Depp facial hair through wearing a Van Dyke beard? A Van Dyke beard is a facial hair style made popular in 17th century Europe, which was named after Anthony van Dyck, a 17th century Flemish painter. Van Dyck even painted King Charles I of England a portrait with this beard style. It wouldn’t be a wonder why Johnny Depp is wearing it too! He’s not just famous but also one of the critically acclaimed actors there is in Hollywood with Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards on his building portfolio. Credits should be given to him too, for being brave enough to take on many challenging roles as he starred in various films such as Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, and the Pirate of the Caribbean movie series. On top of those remarkable roles he played, in real life he was named twice as the “Sexiest Man Alive” by a magazine and was listed in the 2012 Guinness Book of World Records as the highest paid actor, with $75 million. Now, that’s what you call awesome, cool and sexy at the same time! You don’t need to follow his steps though as an actor to be like him as you can look like him with that beard. Find out on this article how to grow Johnny Depp like full beard styles click here to know more!
How to Grow a Van Dyke Beard
Now, get that Johnny Depp facial hair by following these simple steps.
- You have to start getting that beard style by shaving your face completely and normally wait for a week. Usually, you can start shaping then if your stubble has already grown about 1/4 inch.
- Apply shaving cream over your chin, area above your lip, as well as your sideburns.
- Achieve a circle beard by shaving off hair on your cheeks and sideburns, and keep about 2 inches hair on both sides of the mouth. Maintain the moustache as well as the soul patch.
- Rinse off any shaving cream or excess hair left on your face. It’s important your face is clear to be able to focus on defining your beard.
- Trim hair from neck and create a neat looking goatee.
- Cut your moustache from the chin beard. Then, you can trim them using an electric razor or a scissor.
- Wash face and look for rough spots if any. Clearly smooth out with a razor hairs which are unwanted.
Important Tips in Maintaining this Beard Style
Maintain this Johnny Depp facial hair style with these helpful beard trimming tips tips.
- Regularly comb your beard to keep it clean and in shape.
- Keep the lines clean and a pair of scissors and a bird trimmer should maintain this.
- You can use a facial hair wax to style it up whenever you need to.
Johnny Depp has played many remarkable characters in his movies but wearing this classy facial hair style sure is one of his marks. How to attain manliness with this beard style? Just keep it clean and pull it off with confidence like how Johnny Depp does! Grab that razor now and get that classy look!